This research project took place over two consecutive schools years (2007-08 and 2008-09), and involved year 9 and 10 students from five UK secondary schools and their associated primary schools, the Disease Dynamics Research Team at the University of Cambridge and the Motivate Project, part of the Millennium Mathematics Project.
- The maths of infectious diseases: a package on Plus, the free online mathematics magazine, containing five articles exploring the mathematics of infectious disease, together with a podcast and a classroom activity
- The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control publishes information on the following hot topics:
- Cambridge Infectious Disease Centre
- The Flu survey website, set up by researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, collected data on the 2009 swine flu outbreak and will monitor 2010 seasonal flu; information on influenza, data gathered and results of the survey are available online.
- The Wellcome Trust publishes educational resources focusing on the biomedical sciences, as well as funding research and public engagement
- Millennium Mathematics Project: an award-winning education outreach programme at the University of Cambridge, providing mathematical enrichment for all ages
- Further Mathematics Support Programme: mathematical enrichment for KS4 and post-16
- Royal Society grants for schools: The Royal Society offers small grants to schools who want to take part in research or other activity with scientists