Equipment required: counters (20-30 per group of students, colour irrelevant), a die
- Put out one counter - this represents the first person to be infected.
- Throw the die - the result will tell you how many people this person infects. The image on the right gives two suggestions, but try others as well.
- Put the appropriate number of counters directly to the right of the first counter - this is step 2 of the disease.
- For each infected person at step 2, throw the die to see how many people they infect, putting that number of counters to the right of the person doing the infecting.
- Repeat 4 until no one is infected, recording what happens on a graph.